- Hide menu
WE NEED YOUR HELP! Our ideal goal would be to raise $85,000. The amount would enable us to finish the film by paying for EVERYTHING listed below. We want you to join us in our endeavor to make a beautiful and inspiring film. In order to keep The Cafe Tabac Film Project in motion we need your support. It is with our deepest gratitude that we thank you for making a pledge.
Here are our goals moving forward:
1. Supplementary scenes and titles: The Café Tabac world will be re-created through photographically stylized live action and animated illustrations. There are crews and creative personnel, meals, locations, transportation costs, styling & props, and additional equipment involved
2. Travel costs for out-of-state interviews with “celesbians” and other important Tabac patrons: Flight and ground transportation
3. Rights clearances (music, images & footage): We need archival images and video footage to support the oral history that embodies our film. And Tabac’s song playlist was a crucial component of the event—we can’t tell the story without the music. They require usage clearances as well
4. Film Score cost: ME’SHELL NDEGE OCELLO IS SCORING OUR FILM!!!! There are engineers, musicians and studios involved.
5. Post-productions costs: Minimal fees for post/editing technicians and meals, and ALL fees connected to audio post.
6. Marketing and Publicity
7. Submissions to Film Festivals
These objectives are instrumental for our film.
If you have any services you’d like to provide or would like to volunteer that could help the completion, marketing, fundraising and publicity of the film, please contact us. WE ARE ALSO LOOKING FOR PRIVATE DONORS FOR A PRODUCER CREDIT AND EXECUTIVE PRODUCER CREDIT. OTHER ARRANGEMENTS CAN BE DISCUSSED DEPENDING ON FUNDING AMOUNT. Please contact us directly if you are interested or know anyone who may be. More funding means we can deliver the project sooner, with the high production value this story truly deserves.
Thank you for your support!